Islam Badawy, D.O.
Dr. Islam Badawy is a graduate of Midwestern University School of Medicine. He completed his residency and fellowship at Midwestern University/Franciscan Health Olympia Fields. He also completed Advanced Cardiac Imaging Training at University of Chicago for Cardiac MRI and Cardiac CT. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Riverside Medical Center in Illinois. Dr. Badawy is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology. He is on staff at St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart, IN.
- Merrillville High School (Merillville, IN). High School 2001 - 2005.
- Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN). Bachelor of Science in Chemistry; Minors in Biology, Mathematics and Physics 2005 - 2010.
- Midwestern University School of Medicine (Downers Grove, IL) . Medical School 2010 - 2014.
- Midwestern University/Franciscan Health (Olympia Fields, IL).
- Internal Medicine Residency (2014-2017).
- Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship (2017-2020).
- University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging Training (2018-2020).
- Riverside Medical Center (Kankake, IL).
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship (2020-2021).
- Internal Medicine (2017)
- Cardiovascular Medicine (2020)
- Interventional Cardiology (2021)
- General Cardiology
- Coronary angiography and intervention
- high risk PCI
- Percutaneous LV mechanical support devices
- Chronic Total Occlusion
- ASD and PFO Closures
- Peripheral angiography and intervention
- Pulmonary artery pressure monitors
- Catheter assisted thrombolysis
- Temporary pacemaker insertion
- Invasive hemodynamics